This is my very incomplete selection of what falls into the EA Domain
- Six Markets
- Porters 5 Forces
- McKinsey 7S
- Oracle EA Framework ( http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2010/10-jan/oea-framework-133702.pdf)
Project Management Frameworks
Service Management Frameworks
Industry Operations Frameworks
- Pragmatic Marketing
- planningIT (www.alfabet.com)
- SAMU (http://www.atollgroup.eu/)
- Casewise Modeler
- Rational System Architect family
- Mega Suite
- OpenText ProVision for Enterprise Architecture
- QualiWare Product Suite
- PowerDesigner for SAP-Sybase
- Enterprise Architect
- Troux Architect as part of Troux Enterprise Portfolio Management Suite
There are various field of Architecture floating around in IT industry, but in general Architects mainly divide into two main areas:
- Enterprise Architects ==> working at enterprise level (C-Level) (->ITIL,TOGAF, Zackman for domain model or customised frameworks e-TOM for Telco industries)
- “Domain” Architects (or Solution Architects)
Domain Architects could be broken down as:
Solution Architect Application an/or Development
(Java Architect,.NET Architect,PHP Architect, open source Architect, Integration Architect, Platform As Service Architect)
These architects are primarily concerned with design patterns and application integration and language specific issues, options available like in integration web service is course grain integration but there are other option like CORBA,JNI web services is last option. So Java architect is SME for Java related design issues. same way .NET Architect, PHP Architect.Integration Architect are looking at how integrated different layer(ESB,Web services, COM,CORBA etc..).
Solution Architect DB
- Data Architect: concerned with logical data modelling (LDM) and Physical database modelling (PDM), design of OLTP system and design normalized schemas and table structure.
- ETL Architect: Takes care of Data Integration layer (Extract Transform Load data from SQL server to Oracle from SAP populated tables into target datawarehouse.
- BI Architect: Looks to create semantic Layer which helps user to convert dynamically dragged objects to there respective SQL equivalent.and reporting layouts ,data structure which support them,layout to of report on web on mobile or on portal.reports from tactical to strategic reporting to Exception reporting and business events.
Solution Architect ITO
- Storage Architect: Concerned with SAN storage and design of storage network its interface with network components. whether to go for SAN or NAS or DAS ,RAID levels, SCSI or Fiber channel , servers, vendors to go with (EMC Clarion,netapp,hitachi) etc.analysts predict that enterprise storage will account for 75% of all computer hardware expenditures so storage is critical.
- Network Architect: Network architecture have exploded in recent decade.Network architect needs to look into network Design, specification,Network security. Like Cisco defines 5 fields (1. Voice like VOIP, 2. Security, 3. Design, 4.Routing and Switching, 5.Wireless).Each one can have its own architects.person may not be specific to Cisco but can cut across to like juniper network junos firewall, or sonic firewall is in network security.
- System Architect: concerned Types of servers used and Os Admin related activities.e,g Red hat admin subject matter expert with server datacenter know how, blade vs RACK, virtualisation layers,hypervisor (vmware ESXi, Microsoft hyperV, IBM AIX LPAR) etc.
Product bound Solution Architects
(eg. the area of ERP Architects)
- SAP Architect(since SAP has its own solution framework like SAP Solution Manager which help in maintaining and upkeep of solution and framework at solution or practice level, Also like SAP BI is domain specific architect who know out for 16 reporting tool flavor from WebI,Xcelsius,DesKI, live office, Quaas which one to use when).
- Peoplesoft Architect: Looks into PS specific techno-functional issues customization , enhancement, or performance issue, installation and data migration, its integration with different web server app server.
- Oracle Apps Architect.: Oracle Application domain specific solution to use of Oracle BPEL, ESB, SOA suite, fusion middle ware vs old form report customization Vs used of OAF or ADF.
(Sources are http://iea.wikidot.com/ea-maturity-model, http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20121026065214/http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/0360559B-3D6B-4198-BD92-D2B783A7E831/0/20090310_MODAF_Meta_Model_V1_0_U.pdf, http://www.pragmaticea.com/, http://www.gartner.com/, http://sandyclassic.wordpress.com/ …)